Major claims return - Fires a concern02.04.20, Statistics
Cefor released today its comprehensive hull claims trends as of 31 December 2019.
- Major claims impact returned in 2019 to the average expected level.
- Claims frequency remains at a stable level around 23%.
- Total loss frequency continues long-term positive trend.
- Reduction in insured values continues for certain vessel types
- The fire challenge - Containers et al.
- Claims frequency versus vessel speed
- The impact of geography on claims
The Cefor statistics highlight recent hull claims trends and give an overview over the Nordic marine insurance market.
Check all trends in detail here: 2019 NoMIS reports & Press release