Claims impact down - No all-clear signal for fires07.04.21, Statistics
Cefor released today its comprehensive hull claims trends as of 31 December 2020.
- Substantial reduction in overall claims frequency and cost
- Impact of major claims at lowest level since 2005.
- Vessel segments reacted differently to Covid-19
- No reduction in large loss frequency for container vessels -
Fires especially prevalent
Besides the standard hull trends for claims frequency, severity and vessel values, Cefor turned this year the spotlight on the following with in-depth analysis:
- Covid-19 impact on hull trends
- Comparing vessel activity to claims frequency trends
- Claims frequency versus vessel speed (bulk, container, tank)
- Fires - No all-clear signal
The Cefor statistics highlight recent hull claims trends and give an overview over the Nordic marine insurance market.
Check all trends in detail here: 2020 NoMIS reports & Press release