Article 4. Membership
The following may be admitted as members of the Association:
1. Nordic insurance companies engaged in marine insurance activities in the Nordic region in conformity with insurance legislation in the Nordic country in which the company is headquartered,
2. foreign insurance companies engaged in marine insurance activities in one of the Nordic countries in conformity with the legislation of the particular country in which the activities are carried out,
3. insurance companies that provide legal assistance in the Nordic region to shipping and offshore industrial companies,
4. management companies for such insurance companies, and
5. agencies in the Nordic country from which it has a license to engage in marine insurance activities, provided the agency has its own independent system and organisation for underwriting and handling of claims.